We believe that all students should have access to regular enrichment activities like field trips, music lessons and sports training. Gan Shalom’s enrichments are included at no additional charge, thanks in large part to the generosity of local partners and like-minded educators.
“Our daughter absolutely loves attending preschool here! We love the small class sizes, the play based learning that she is learning about other cultures and languages, and how often the kids get outside. The enrichment activities at the preschool are above and beyond any other center in Des Moines.”
— Gan Shalom Parent
The following activities are offered along with our standard curriculum:
- Outdoor and physical activities like gardening, yoga, Zumba and soccer.
- Facilitated group reading times, drama classes and dance instruction
- Nature lessons and exciting wildlife and insect encounters
- Educational talks with medical and public safety professionals
- Experiencing the arts with a show at the Des Moines Civic Center
As part of our approach to community-inspired learning, we are grateful to feature enrichment activities with many partners, including:
Music with Moreh Benjamin Brodkey
Yoga with Miss Jennifer
Nature Lessons with Miss Melanie from the Raccoon River Nature Lodge