Let’s play and learn this summer! Gan Shalom Camp is back for children ages 2-4.
Located on our sprawling 50-acre campus, our weekly camp programs will run Monday to Friday from 9:00 am to 4:00 pm. Half day and part-time options are available. If needed, you can also arrange for before care (staring 7:30 am) or after care (until 5:30 pm).
Previous Weeks’ Activities
2020 Gan Shalom Camp Schedule
Each week, your child will be engaged in a wide range of enrichment activities such as sensory play, arts and crafts, cooking, literacy, math centers, science explorations, dramatic play, and music and movement. This year, our weekly themes include:
- June 1 – 5: Gan Shalom Summer Kick Off (Virtual)
- June 8 – 12: Incredible Insects (Virtual)
- June 15 – 19: Growing in the Garden (Virtual)
- June 22 – 26: Creative Art
- June 29 – July 2: Ooey Gooey (Closed Friday)
- July 6 – 10: Dinosaur Dig
- July 13 – 17: Galactic Exploration
- July 20 – 24: Big Wheels
- July 27 – 31: Down By the Sea
- Aug 3 – 7: Construction Zone
- Aug 10 – 14: Music Makers
- Aug 17 – 21: Fair Time
Give yourself a break this summer by using our van service to transport your camper to and from our Waukee campus. The van will leave from Tifereth Israel Synagogue at 8:30 am and return at 4:15 pm each day.
Lunches and Snacks
Fresh, nutritious and kosher snacks are provided in the morning and afternoon. Summer camp lunches are brought from home and should follow our food guidelines. On Fridays, Gan Shalom can offer a Shabbat lunch for your camper.
Gan Shalom camp weeks fill up quickly! For 2020 pricing inquiries, please contact us by phone at 515-987-0899 ex. 233 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Families currently enrolled in Gan Shalom Preschool can register through their MyProCare account.