Welcome to our seventh grade class at Beit Sefer Shalom! Your child will attend school on Wednesdays, combined with eighth graders, from 4:30am-6:30pm. Like all of our classrooms, the seventh grade curriculum is customized for this age group and organized into the core areas of Jewish education listed below.
Seventh graders are also invited to join our Madrichim program. As a Junior Madrich, your child can begin to develop their leadership skills in the Jewish community by serving as a student aide.
- Focus on Shabbat concepts
- Shabbat and God
- Burial and mourning practices
- Ethical dilemmas and wills
- Pre-B’nai Mitzvah: Trope
- Post-B’nai Mitzvah: Conversational Hebrew
- Death, burial and mourning practices
- Ancient times to the Golden Age in Spain
- Origin and consequences of anti-semitism
- Ways to combat anti-semitism