Are you interested in building your leadership skills and becoming a mentor for younger Jewish children in our community? Become a madrich!
The Beit Sefer Shalom Madrichim Program is a rewarding, challenging and meaningful experience for 7th-12th grade students who are interested in serving as a student aide throughout the school year and even during the summer.
The mission of the Beit Sefer Shalom Madrichim Program is to create a growing and evolving community in which Junior and Senior Madrichim have a strong sense of personal ownership, community connections and Jewish identity.
- Assist in leading small groups or Hebrew practice
- Support students with special needs
- Prepare supplies and materials for classroom activities
- Support teachers during lessons and activities
- And much more!
- Madrichim must be in 7th-12th grade
- Able to work Sunday mornings (9am-12pm), Wednesday afternoons (4:30pm-6:30pm) or both
- Carry yourself in a professional manner and dress appropriately
- Participate in a 2-hour training session within one month of becoming a Madrich/a
- Provide ample notice when you’re sick or unable to attend
Junior Madrichim (7th-8th grade) learn leadership skills in an interactive and fun educational environment that will prepare them to become effective and engaged Senior Madrichim.
Senior Madrichim (9th-12th grade) become Jewish role models who serve students of all ages at Beit Sefer Shalom as well as the Junior Madrichim. You will be given opportunities to learn how to be independent and active Jewish leaders when you leave home to begin life as young adults on a college campus or in a new community.
In recognition for your service, the program offers the following benefits to participants:
- Junior Madrichim (7th-8th grade) can earn community service hours or gift cards
- Senior Madrichim (9th-12th grade) can earn community service hours or minimum wage ($7.25) if they are 14+ years old
How to Apply
Discuss your interest with your parent(s). If they are supportive, register below.